The July/August issue of Shooting Sportsman is now available online and on newsstands with a hefty collection of articles on fine guns and gear, wingshooting at several of the country’s top destinations, and reports on select gunshops and gunmakers.
We have overhauled and updated our website to include full presentations of selected features from the magazine, so if you haven’t visited lately, you can now see a lot more of Shooting Sportsman online—and of course follow links to buy the issue in print or in your choice of digital formats.
Among July/August’s features:
- “New-Gun Guide”—An overview of the year’s new smoothbores.
- “Watson Big-Bores”—English smallbore specialist Watson Brothers has taken to making 4-bores.
- “Birds Wide Open”—Hunting pheasants & wild quail in Nebraska
- “The Quail Grail”—A quest for wild coveys at Chokee, in Georgia.
- A selection of the best new gear found at the SHOT Show.
- Vic Venters on the history and importance of apprentices in the British gunmaking trade.
- Bruce Buck reviews the FAIR Iside Prestige 28-gauge side-by-side.
- George Hickox offers advice to would-be dog breeders.
You can subscribe online to the print or digital editions here. Or you can buy this issue in print. Single issues of the digital edition are available by visiting the iTunes Store or Google Play.