Sweetgrass at Thunderbasin
One of the most appealing things about a hunting trip is the prospect of stepping away from everyday life to savor the interesting blend of tranquility and excitement that is part and parcel of chasing gamebirds in remote and stunningly beautiful locations. Sweetgrass at Thunderbasin was created to turn that prospect into reality. The ranch is nestled amongst the highly scenic meadows and pine-studded foothills of northeastern Wyoming, and it serves as the base for a five-star wingshooting, lodging and dining experience that rates as one of the finest in the world. From great-flying birds to culinary masterpieces to luxurious Western decor, guests will experience only the best of the best. Sweetgrass is definitely off the beaten path, and it is definitely worth the trip.
- Bird season: August through November (Thanksgiving Day)
- Species: pheasant, chukar, sharptail grouse
- Bag limit: none for pheasant and chukar; sharptail grouse: 3 per hunter per day, 9 per year
- Hunting parties: 6-8 hunters per guide, 24 hunters maximum in the field per day
- Dogs: pointing and retrieving breeds
Lodge & Logistics
- 21 bedrooms and 22 beds (main lodge with 3 king suites and 5 cabins with 3 or 4 rooms each)
- Closest airport: Northeast Wyoming Regional Airport, Gillette, WY (GCC)
Amenities & Services
- Rental guns
- Clay shooting
- Mercantile store
- Continental-style released-bird driven shooting
- License processing
- Resort activities: guided horseback trail rides, guided ATV tours, gun range experiences, archery course, culinary experiences
- Spa massage (for additional fee)
STANDARD PRICE INCLUDES
RATES & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Two-day/three-night package: Approx. $4,250 plus tax and gratuities
Three-day/four-night package: Approx. $6,225 plus tax and gratuities
Reduced rates available for non-shooting guests.
12- and 20-gauge ammunition provided for hunting and for sporting clays. Guests should plan to bring .410, 16- or 28-gauge ammunition or check prior to arrival to see if inventory is available.