Perazzi Acquired by CSG Group

This past December the Czech CSG Group announced its acquisition of Italian gunmaker Armi Perazzi S.p.A. CSG Group will now control 80 percent of Perazzi, with siblings Mauro and Roberta Perazzi splitting the remaining 20 percent. The Italian manufacturer will continue to produce approximately 1,500 competition and field shotguns annually at its 96,000-square-foot factory in Botticino, Italy. In 2021, the last year for which sales figures were available, Perazzi earnings amounted to €14.3 million.

Perazzi was founded in 1957 by Daniele Perazzi, who remained personally involved in the business until his death, in 2012, at 80 years old. His daughter Roberta took charge of finance and administration, and his son Mauro headed up production; both will continue to run the company with the existing management team. Mauro Perazzi said of the sale, “The decision to find a strategic partner to whom we would sell a majority stake in the company was motivated by our desire to ensure a secure future and sustainable growth and to strengthen the company’s unique position in the global luxury-arms market.”

CSG Group, owned by Czech entrepreneur Michal Strnad, is a global industrial-technology group with factories in eight countries and an annual revenue exceeding $1 billion. The company is active in a range of industries, from truck manufacturing to producing radar systems. The acquisition of Perazzi marks the company’s second major acquisition in Italy. In 2022 CSG Group acquired Fiocchi Munizioni, the manufacturer of small-arms ammunition. This past October CSG announced that it would purchase US firm Vista Outdoor’s sporting-products unit—including Federal Premium, Remington Ammunition, HEVI-Shot, Estate Cartridge, CCI and Alliant Powder—in a $1.91 billion deal expected to close next year.

Perazzi serves the American market through its subsidiary, Perazzi USA, in Azusa, California. Perazzi USA is the sole importer and distributor for the US market.

For more information, visit perazzi.it/en

Buy This Issue / Subscribe Now

Sam cover

Written By
More from Tom Sternal
Beretta’s ‘SL3 Tutankhamon’
During February’s SCI Convention, in Nashville, Beretta unveiled its one-of-a-kind SL3 the...
Read More
Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *