Michigan’s fabled Lower Peninsula is a sportsman’s paradise. It is the land of Great Lakes salmon runs, glorious fall foliage and world-class bird hunting. At the heart of the region sits Meemo’s Farm, a luxury full-service retreat on 1,500 acres of incredibly diverse forest, meadows, marshland, lakes and ponds. Meemo’s offers a broad array of wingshooting opportunities, from no-limit, preserve-style walk-up hunts to Continental shoots to excursions into the wilds for ruffed grouse and woodcock—an extensive variety of adventures supported by world-class comfort, service and amenities.
- Bird Season: mid-August through April
- Species: ring-necked pheasant, chukar, bobwhite quail, ruffed grouse, American woodcock, turkey
- Bag limit: none for pheasant, chukar and quail; 5 daily (10 in possession) for grouse; 3 daily (9 in possession) for woodcock; 1 turkey
- Hunting Parties: 1-30 (1-4 per guide)
- Dogs: pointing and flushing breeds
- Tower shoots can be arranged
Lodge & Logistics
- Main lodge: 9 rooms, 22 beds
- Guest cottages: 11 rooms, 15 beds
- Most rooms offer private baths
- Closest commercial airport: Grand Rapids, MI
- Closest private airport: Evart, MI
- Airport shuttle can be arranged
Amenities & Services
- Rental guns
- Clay shooting
- Pro shop
- Kennel facilities for guests’ dogs
- In-house day spa
One-day/one night approx $495 per gun
Numerous multi-day, all-inclusive packages from $1,000 available. Half-day hunts also available.
Custom corporate and large family hunts can be arranged.
Cast & Blast packages and full-day guided river trips also offered (king salmon, steelhead, trout and smallmouth bass).
Additional seasonal activities offered: kayaking, paddleboarding, canoeing, ATV tours, hiking, mountain biking, snowmobiling, skiing, snowshoeing.
- Jim Lewis, Michigan