Central Utah might not be the most traditional upland destination, but it certainly rates as one of the most picturesque. The hunting at Castle Valley Outdoors takes place in river bottoms and wheat fields bracketed by colorful rock cliffs and majestic buttes. Add coursing pointers and flushing pheasants to the scene, and this makes for one very special experience. Hunts are led by master guides who are well versed in the habits and haunts of the ranch’s ringnecks and chukars. The facilities, meals and accommodations meet the highest standards, with indigenous art gracing the great room and dining areas, and the bedrooms offering king-size beds and private baths. One of the best features at Castle Valley is the tremendous value of the standard shooting package, allowing wingshooters to enjoy quality Western hunting in a setting far removed from the hustle of daily life.
- Bird season: September 15, 2019, to March 16, 2020
- Species: pheasant, chukar
- Hunting parties: 1-17
- Bag limit: none
- Dogs: pointing breeds
Lodge & Logistics
- 17 bedrooms
- All rooms have private baths
- Closest commercial airport: Salt Lake City, UT
- Closest private airport: Price, UT
- Airport shuttle can be arranged
Amenities & Services
- Loaner guns
- Clay shooting
- Pro shop
- License processing
- Kennel facilities available for guests’ dogs
Private airport pickup
$3,600 – $4,500
Custom itineraries and pricing can be arranged.
Big-game hunting offered.
- Herb Jennings, Salt Lake City, Utah
Photos by: Terry Allen