What would you like...

What would you like Manfatured to make your Outdoor time more enjoyable ?  

RSS
1100 Remington Man
(@stoy)
Trusted Member

For Me it would be a Waterproof shirt, why when duck hunting my sleeves are always wet as I tolerate cold well I usually hunt into the 20's F with my neoprene waders and when setting in the blind and I rest my arms on my legs they get soaked. I wear my coat only for the boat ride. I would also like Remington to include into there Nitro Pheasant a 28ga 1oz load of Copper plated 6 shot. What could you use ?

Posted : April 27, 2018 2:23 pm
sdmt pga pro
(@sdmt-pga-pro)
Famed Member

If Remington was to offer copper plated shot for the little gun, it would in all probability be copper washed, like that of other American offerings. The last I checked, back when I was a dealer for B&P, the only plated shot available was nickel plated.

I wish someone would make a cutter that could cut snare cable without the size and weight of the one I carry afield.

B.C.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 27, 2018 4:09 pm
thornton
(@thornton)
Noble Member

A glove(actually two) that defeats circulation issues and keeps my fingers warm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 27, 2018 4:37 pm
kgb
 kgb
(@kgb)
Prominent Member

Make those gloves to allow fine feel of a trigger and you got a deal.Bob, did B&P drop 16ga shells in the U.S.?

Bore, n. ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast."

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 27, 2018 5:25 pm
Dave Noell
(@dave-noell)
Famed Member

I enjoyed the paper hulled target loads that Federal made for a while. They were excellent for sharptails and huns and their aroma took me back to when I would smell my dad's empties when he came home from a hunting trip.

Give me a dog that will run and a horse that will walk

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 27, 2018 9:08 pm
pooch
(@pooch)
Noble Member

In really cold weather I wear glove liners and mittens. I pull off the right mitten to take a shot.

I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 27, 2018 10:19 pm
sdmt pga pro
(@sdmt-pga-pro)
Famed Member

Make those gloves to allow fine feel of a trigger and you got a deal.Bob, did B&P drop 16ga shells in the U.S.?

As far as I know Kirk, the new importer has not brought them in. B&P requires a rather large order of each offering to ship product.

If you need some, I might have some in my personal storage magazine, I would gift you.

B.C.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 28, 2018 11:44 am
Dr Duk
(@dr-duk)
Honorable Member

You mean manUfactured!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 28, 2018 2:52 pm
1100 Remington Man
(@stoy)
Trusted Member

I would also like Remington to include in there Steel Nitro a 2 3/4 inch 1 1/8oz 3 shot loading.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2018 8:05 pm
thornton
(@thornton)
Noble Member

I would like to see shotshell box graphics harkening back to the days when fueling an imagination was considered a plus.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2018 8:55 pm
Crazy Horse 73
(@crazy-horse-73)
Noble Member

I'd like to see someone make a good quality canvas small game hunting coat without any lining. The coat should have buttons rather than zippers. No velcro. Front and rear game entry. Shell loops on the inside of front pockets. A couple of "D" rings to hang electronics. Slash pockets to put cold hand into. Pocket at rear side for water bottles. Wide collar to help block wind. Two inside pockets with button closures.
And lots of blaze orange.

Did I mention that I hate zippers????

TOLERANCE is the virtue of a man without convictions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2018 9:50 pm
1100 Remington Man
(@stoy)
Trusted Member

If Remington was to offer copper plated shot for the little gun, it would in all probability be copper washed, like that of other American offerings. The last I checked, back when I was a dealer for B&P, the only plated shot available was nickel plated.

You are correct Remington is Copper Washed with 4% antimony I was told. I do think it helps with feather draw just like the Plated shot. I wished Remington made a Plated shot. I am working my way through a case of 12ga 1 1/4 of B&P plated 5 shot so far it has been nice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2018 12:30 am
Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
(@dave-buehner)
Famed Member

Crazy Horse,

Woolrich made what you wanted back in 1950 in Red & Black checked light wool,  small game pouches and all, I still have mine. No D Ring's however, leather straps back then.   No need for a small game bag, the old Woolrich had the correct size pockets built into it for carrying feather and fur.   Unfortunately not legal in Pa any more to hunt in, no safety orange.  One of the best small game jackets ever made, I still see some of the old timers in Potter/Tioga, Pa using them with an orange shell over the light Woolwich small game jacket.  To me however the nasty orange plastic shell defeates the reason for wearing the good old small game jacket.  I used mine the last time out to Montana, where it's legal.  Just as noticeable as the Orange IMO, and much more conservative sport clothing.  Wish Pa would let us use the Red & Black colored hunting jackets and shirts again.

RGD/Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 5, 2018 11:21 pm

Share: