Notifications

Re-discovered...  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS
Moonshine
(@moonshine)
Noble Member

@settertude

So true - it's the unwaveringly and oft-stated conviction that "I'm better; my hunting is better; my guns are better; my cover is worse; my dogs are better; etc. ad nauseum..." that gets to folks. Even if it's true, people get tired of hearing about it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 10, 2020 12:11 pm
Lee Sykes liked
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @settertude

Last week I hunted with a friend and his mutt. My friend isn't certain, but thinks the mutt is part pointer and part GSP and no longer young. Ellie did a job and looked good doing as bang up a job as any dog I have seen.

We do ourselves a disservice to look down our noses at any. Sure--we have preferences for different reasons and different terrain, but blanket statements are just more likely to be wet, than illuminate.

Thanks John.  Well said.

"Some people stand tall as great leaders because they elevate all the people around them, some seek to stand tall by pushing all around them down."

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 10, 2020 11:50 pm
Lee Sykes liked
Lee Sykes
(@lee-sykes)
Estimable Member

Everybody who is worth their salt, loves their dog.  It is a good thing if you keep in mind that probably everyone else feels the same about their dog.  Not openly comparing them will go a long way toward keeping the peace.   I know that I am wasting my breath. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Lee Sykes
ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2020 11:27 am
Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
(@dave-buehner)
Famed Member

Gentlemen,

Just because I happen like Ryman Setter dogs does not mean I am putting down on other dogs.  I have owned many different gun dogs, loved them all.  I keep coming back to Ryman Setters because I really love them and have been around them sense I was a young boy.  

Yes the picture is of Ken Graft owner of the Shooting Star guns shop in Ohio, he also hunted with our incredible Gordon Grouse dog Pine Creek Penny, he was very impressed with her and he now owns a beautiful Gordon female Grouse dog named Ruby, she is a beauty and hunts well.  

Dave B - Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers

Pine Creek Penny our incredible Gordon Grouse Dog

[img] [/img]

Ruby & my new Ryman puppy Maggie Mae

[img] [/img]

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2020 3:39 pm
Moonshine
(@moonshine)
Noble Member

@dave-buehner

Dave, I don’t think anyone here feels you’re putting down anything.

But, the way you write steadily about your dogs, your guns, your traditions, your tough cover and your grouse, etc., etc., ad nauseam ad infinitum simply is a turnoff. We’ve heard it...give us a break.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2020 5:09 pm
Lee Sykes
(@lee-sykes)
Estimable Member

Dave, I too have a Ryman setter and think the world of him.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2020 12:08 am
Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
(@dave-buehner)
Famed Member

Moonshine,

What turns you off is no concern of mine this is the Shooting Sportsman BB, you do not have the power to decide what another member likes to talk about.  I will continue posting about Grouse hunting, Gun Dogs and fine Double Guns.  Maybe you could try participating and adding something positive to the conversation, rather than constantly playing your games with other members.  

If hunting, dogs and fine guns are not part of you sporting tradition, and you find them boring to talk about, you might consider finding another forum to participate on.  

Lee,

Glad you like your Ryman Setter, have fun Grouse hunting!

Dave B - L.C. Smith Man

[img] [/img]

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 3 times by Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2020 5:41 pm
Page 3 / 3

Share: