Need another gun or rifle?  

RSS
sdmt pga pro
(@sdmt-pga-pro)
Famed Member

You might do a web search of those being offered for sale by owners and dealers in California. R

Restrictive laws on purchase of and types of hunting ammunition and more regs kicking in in July are spurring folks to dis- invest themselves of some really nice guns at some really attractive prices.

I bought two rifles last week, a Browning Custom Trophy with Trijicon variable and a custom built on a pre-64 action with a Zeiss variable for less than the price of the scopes. I am waiting for a Fox C ejector gun that I bought for a bit less than a Plain Jane Elsie would sell for around here, to arrive Monday or Tuesday.

California's legislators have created a true buyers' mart for those of us living elsewhere.

B.C.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2018 1:54 pm
Junnie
(@junnie)
Famed Member

So!!!! private message me on where, when and how.. Thanks..... Junnie

Once a man, twice a child....

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2018 6:44 pm
sdmt pga pro
(@sdmt-pga-pro)
Famed Member

Google is your friend, Junnie. Google CA gun shops and check out their websites and classified ads in city papers around the state, particularly L.A., San Fran. and San Diego. Any thing priced just a bit less that worth is probably fishing and is hoping someone will buy it for more than it can actually be bought for.

Make some calls, make some offers and be both decisive and ready to buy immediately. I missed out on a jewel of a SxS possibly because I didn't commit on the first call and the seller got cold feet over night.

There are some real gems out there that are becoming dead weight for their owners because of the legislative doings towards guns and hunting.

Be sure any private seller sends the gun through a reputable gun shop. Pay through the shop and pay him a transfer fee as well as the FFl on your end.

All three I bought from were pretty vocal about situations out there for gun owners and they don't see anything but more of the same coming over the horizon.

B.C.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2018 7:21 pm
Dave B - L.C. Smith Man #2
(@dave-buehner)
Famed Member

pga pro,

Post some pictures of your C Grade Fox ejector gun, when she arrives, love to see her on the SSBB!

Really to bad about the politics in some of these liberal states. 

Dave B - L.C. Smith Man #2

Edited: 1 week  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 12, 2018 10:42 am
Share: