Welcome to the new ...

[Sticky] Welcome to the new Bulletin Board!  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @geoff-roznak

Weird...that's exactly what I'm running...

Interesting...it works when I'm not home.

I will try again tomorrow at home to see how if it works there.

"Some people stand tall as great leaders because they elevate all the people around them, some seek to stand tall by pushing all around them down."

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 25, 2019 5:59 pm
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Honorable Member

OK...doesn't work at home.  That's interesting.  What is my provider, or my wireless, blocking?

"Some people stand tall as great leaders because they elevate all the people around them, some seek to stand tall by pushing all around them down."

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 5:32 pm
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Honorable Member

OK...now the "Add Topic" button doesn't work...

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 24, 2019 9:28 pm
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Honorable Member

@jeff-dodge

Replaced old network with a new one this weekend...all of the above still does not work.

Likely some kind of problem with Linksys, but since I've got nothing from Admin, I don't have a clue what to ask, or search for.

A little help sure would be appreciated.

Whatever the problem is, it is unique to this website, and occurs nowhere else I visit.

To summarize: Reply, Quote, and edit buttons on individual topics and posts do not work.  "Add Topic" does not work on the sub-forum pages.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 31, 2019 11:41 am
Admin
(@jeff-dodge)
Member Admin

@geoff-roznak

I'll pass this on to our computer guy on Tuesday........ after the holiday weekend.

Admin

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Admin
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 31, 2019 3:56 pm
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Honorable Member

Thank you.

I'd like to get to the bottom of it, I'm not the only one with Linksys network hardware, and I'd love to get to the bottom of it for you.

If he shoots me an e-mail, I can jump on the phone if that helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 31, 2019 9:39 pm
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Honorable Member

@jeff-dodge

Crickets...so far.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2019 12:26 pm
Admin
(@jeff-dodge)
Member Admin

@geoff-roznak

I received this from our Web person. (sorry his findings do not help your specific situation suggesting it is not website specific):

"I’ve tried to replicate his issue several times in every browser I can think of on both Mac and PC and I just have no clue what would be causing these buttons not to work for him only on certain networks.

I have a hard time believing that somehow his network hardware is preventing only these buttons on this site not to work.  And if he had some other browser features turned off, it seems he would be seeing strange things on other websites as well.

I wish I had a better answer for him, but I’m pretty stumped.

Chris Siefken

Web Developer

Down East Enterprises, Inc."

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Admin
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 6, 2019 3:08 am
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Honorable Member

@jeff-dodge

Thanks anyway.  I was also surprised that everything works when I'm not home, or when I take the phone off WiFi.

Can you ask Chris what kind of programming commands are involved when we click the buttons? Flash, Java, or something else?  That will give me something to look for, or take up with Linksys.  The problem pretty much hast to be some setting within the router that can be changed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 6, 2019 11:24 am
Christopher Siefken
(@chriss)
Member Admin

@geoff-roznak

The buttons are html buttons using javascript and ajax to work their magic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 6, 2019 4:09 pm
Moonshine
(@moonshine)
Noble Member

@chriss

Still in your bailiwick, I think, but on a different aspect of the website - I think there'd be more photos posted here if we could simply copy from our phone photo files and paste here. Any requirement to put the photo someplace else and then bring it back is just too much trouble, especially when many of us no longer use photo banks, other than perhaps iCloud.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 6, 2019 6:13 pm
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Honorable Member

Thanks Chris, I'll root around some.  It's almost got to be a Linksys issue, everything works fine when I'm not here.  I appreciate the help!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2019 12:48 am
Moonshine
(@moonshine)
Noble Member

Sometimes things happen, then clear up, with no explanation ever found - at one time, when church bulletins containing bible reading citations were sent to me, the scripture citations were stripped from the messages that came to my laptop, but were still contained in the emails my  iPhone received. Sent as one message to one address, both came in through the same router - the phone could be within six inches of the laptop or miles away.

We worked with the provider, who checked with his services - no one ever came up with an answer...eventually, with no known changes on the part of the sender, myself, or either provider, it stopped happening.

My WAG was that someone who was anti-Bible had set up some kind of a barrier that affected my  laptop but not my iPHone.

Who knows?

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Moonshine
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2019 7:19 am
Page 4 / 4

Share: