Seeking Info for F....

Seeking Info for F.A.I.R. Iside Prestige Tartaruga Gold  

RSS
Synoptic 12
(@synoptic-12)

I'm seeking some information relating to the F.A.I.R Iside Prestige Tartaruga Gold that I would like to purchase. The gauges available are 12, 16, 20, 28, and 410. According to the specs, only the 12 and 20 are 'proof steel shot'. Apparently, F.A.I.R. uses 'special' steel to keep the wall thickness to a minimum, at least that is the way I interpret. Knowing this, would one be better to purchase either the 12 or 20 gauge. All are fitted with 3" chambers except the 16 gauge. If any can provide any insight here, it truly would be appreciated. I already contacted Jon Hosford for technical info. All replies are welcome

Posted : August 12, 2019 11:09 am
Duckys Dad
(@duckys-dad)
Honorable Member

Not related to that specific gun, but I have four FAIR O/Us, and I think they are a great value.  Mine are .410, 28, 16, and 12, all on scaled frames and all extremely well finished.  Fit and finish are comparable to my Berettas and B. Rizzinis.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2019 11:23 pm
Synoptic 12
(@synoptic-12)

If I were to consider the O/U, they would have to be new and only:

SLX800 PRESTIGE

Never purchase used steel. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2019 2:28 am
Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
(@dave-buehner)
Famed Member

Synoptic 12,

You must pass up some very serious double guns if you will not purchase used steel.  I own very few O/U guns however my Browning 28/20 Combo gun was purchased from Ray Anthony's private collection, used steel for sure.

Never had one problem with it.

Dave B - L.C. Smith Man

Some of that double gun used steel

[img] [/img]

This post was modified 2 days ago by Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2019 6:33 pm
Synoptic 12
(@synoptic-12)
Posted by: @dave-buehner

Synoptic 12,

You must pass up some very serious double guns if you will not purchase used steel.  I own very few O/U guns however my Browning 28/20 Combo gun was purchased from Ray Anthony's private collection, used steel for sure.

Never had one problem with it.

Dave B - L.C. Smith Man

Some of that double gun used steel

[img] [/img]

* I have no intentions, none on purchasing a combo> too much money. That is a very nice piece of steel you display. However, to find such 'used'  items as you show are surely going to be valued at top end. I really care not for O/U's but S xS's are a different story. The climate never changes in trying to acquire a fine item. The fact is, that not many are purchasing these over priced items, for the collector market in this field has diminished greatly. I recently could have purchased the FAIR Iside Prestige Tartaruga Gold (New) for $2000.00 in 12 gauge. The majority of people, if not all on 'Shotgun Forum' steered me away. All said it is 'not' a collectors item. Randy Wakeman has assisted me greatly in this field, as I have taken his advice. FAIR's support is almost non-existent, and the reps' know not anything. I could elaborate more but why bother. I even spoke with Carlo Fiocchi,and the COO of FAIR in Texas  who is merely a snake in the grass, like the many.

* At this point in time and to all the turmoil in the world, along with the many who care not for anything today; nor have any respect or honor for anyone, has diminished  any future endeavors in the arena for me. It is really the end of an era. Thanks very much for your input. I'm out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Share: