PROJECT UPLAND MAGA...

PROJECT UPLAND MAGAZINE:  

RSS
Crazy Horse RVN
(@crazy-horse-rvn)
Estimable Member

I recently subscribed to Project Upland Magazine. Bold photos and short interesting articles. I don't know how successful this magazine will be, but it is interesting. The current issue has an article comparing an original Fox A Grade  to a "New" Savage Fox A Grad gun. 

I would add that there is no comparison between the two guns, but that's just me. ( I'm biased, as I own a Fox Sterlingworth, 16 gauge Philly gun (# 355xxx). It was my wife's Grandfather's gun. I had the bores opened up to IC and Mod, as well as the forcing cones elongated and a new butt stock to my dimensions because of a crack that couldn't be repaired. It's one of the 2 guns I shoot best. I know that I ruined it's collector's value, but it's a shooter and not a closet queen. Fox guns were intended to be shot!!!

Has anyone else subscribe to this publication?

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions.

Posted : July 27, 2019 8:06 am
Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
(@dave-buehner)
Famed Member

Crazy Horse RVN,

I have been reading the on line magazine and find it very interesting.  Like yourself I do not know how long it will actually last, however I like it.

Found the article about the Fox guns interesting, traded my 16 gauge Fox original on an L.C. Smith, both are great guns.  I like the Fox but the side lock gun from L.C. Smith is were my real interest lies.

I agree the the modern remake is a completely different Fox gun than the original.  If I purchase a modern Fox gun it would be form CSMC, not the Savage version.

Dave B - L. C. Smith Man

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2019 1:02 pm
Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
(@dave-buehner)
Famed Member

Crazy Horse RVN,

Did you ever get your subscription?  What is the hard copy like?  I passed on it so far, having only 4 issues a year it seemed a little pricy.

Dave B - L.C. Smith Man

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2019 1:15 pm
Crazy Horse RVN
(@crazy-horse-rvn)
Estimable Member

Dave:

Yes, I received my first copy (summer) a couple of weeks ago. It's a good magazine but the articles are somewhat short. Great photos.  I'm hoping the magazine doesn't turn into a advertising platform for the high end preserves, 5 star plantations, and  South American slaughter houses. So far it's pretty good. Nice article on Huns.

This magazine favors Upland game and that's a very limited market. Deer and Turkey are where the money is at so these guys have a long row to hoe. I hope they succeed.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2019 2:11 pm
Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
(@dave-buehner)
Famed Member

Crazy Horse RVN,

Finally ordered a 2 year subscription to give the Project Upland Hunting Magazine a try, if it's good I will reorder when the time comes.  Liked some of the articles I read in the on line version they e-mailed me.

I hope they do not turn the Project Upland Magazine into another Upland Journal, I do wish the Grouse Almanac was still around instead.

Dave B - L.C. Smith Man

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 16, 2019 12:13 am

Share: