RSS
Moonshine
(@moonshine)
Noble Member
Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
(@dave-buehner)
Famed Member

Moonshine,

It just gives me that much more of a reason, to never go into Dick's Sporting Goods ever again.  I know there are a lot of other sportsman who think the same way.

Dave B - L.C. Smith Man

This post was modified 6 days ago 2 times by Dave B - L.C. Smith Man
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 15, 2019 12:13 am
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Reputable Member

You could look at it that way...or you could look at it as a retailer looking at part of their offerings that isn't making them as much money as other things they sell.

I've been in  Dick's about three times in my life...I realized that their selection of guns held zero interest to me,their ammo was the typical too-fast/too heavy a load, their fishing section was generic and mid range (and that's a charitable assessment) and that they had nothing to offer me.

Generic, in fact, describes what they sell, across the board, IMO.

But they made all those choices because that's what sells in the places they have their stores.  I was never going to be their target customer, and it made no financial sense for them to try to cultivate me.

I can't get upset at a company for making a business decision.  Makes no sense to tie up floor space with low margin product.

"Some people stand tall as great leaders because they elevate all the people around them, some seek to stand tall by pushing all around them down."

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 15, 2019 4:05 pm
Lee Sykes liked
thornton
(@thornton)
Noble Member

Just found out this morning that Tim Hortons raised the cost of their large coffee to $2.25.....which concerns me more than any Dicks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 15, 2019 4:27 pm
Lee Sykes
(@lee-sykes)
Trusted Member

Dicks was never my kind of store.  Walk in, walk out.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 15, 2019 4:52 pm
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Reputable Member
Posted by: thornton

Just found out this morning that Tim Hortons raised the cost of their large coffee to $2.25.....which concerns me more than any Dicks.

You might want to rephrase that... 😉 

"Some people stand tall as great leaders because they elevate all the people around them, some seek to stand tall by pushing all around them down."

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 15, 2019 8:01 pm
Further North
(@geoff-roznak)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Lee Sykes

Dicks was never my kind of store.  Walk in, walk out.   

Yep.  Same here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 15, 2019 8:01 pm
Duckys Dad
(@duckys-dad)
Honorable Member

Been in a Dick's once, bought nothing.  Have called them a few times to see if they had what I was looking for, no success.  Far as I'm concerned, they don't exist.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2019 11:12 am

Share: